Saturday 17 October 2020

I look out of my window - Psalm 121ish


I look out of my window to the trees turning bronze

Where will my strength come from to face the winter ahead? 

My strength - it can only come from God

He made the trees, the earth they grow from, the water that quenches their thirst, the seasons that turn them from green to bronze to bare wood to pink....

He won't let me fall over, he won't let me down. He won't let a truck drive into me like the missing tree across the road. 

God who watches over me, he won't need an alarm clock - even if he's been up all night, even if I have exhausted him with my crying, my God who watches over me will never fall asleep. He won't even powernap. 

God is your constant watching over you companion, your eyes and ears, he is by your side. He will protect you from anything you face - viruses or injury, nasty talk and gossip, your own insecurities. 

He'll even protect you from the strongest sun, shielding you from the rays that burn. He'll shelter you even from the moon in case the moon is something that hurts.

God guards you from all the rocks that are thrown, from all the little virus laden water droplets that hang in the air, from your own mind that overthinks and worries and is scared... he guards your life which is so precious to him.

He guards you when you leave home and you fear what you may encounter. He guards you when get home and the overwhelming feelings of dread wash over you as you deal with what you encountered outside your front door. 

He guards you when you are isolating. He guards you when you feel alone. He guards you when you fear those you live with. He guards you when you fear your own mind.  

He guards you right now, he will guard you whatever you face ahead. He will guard you always. 

I look up to the mountains, where does my help come from?

My help comes from God, maker of heaven and earth. He will not let my foot slip. He will not let me down. He will not sleep and leave me to fend for myself. He will give me all the strength I need. 

He will help me rest. He will bring me peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment