Sunday 17 July 2022

Peace Shoes

Some time ago, in the near distant past, not here, but there, I was let down - betrayed perhaps - the ground had shifted underneath my feet and the now, it felt rocky and uncertain. 

I asked God how I was going to keep walking whilst I was hurting and unsure of what the consequences would be, and as I was reading, he distinctly led me to Ephesians 6 and the armour of God. Put on the shoes of the Gospel of Peace, he said. 

It was in that moment that I realised the impact of those shoes. The language of the armour of God suggests war, but when the shoes you put on your feet are ones of peace its a different kind of endeavour that you are preparing for. 

Imagine walking and leaving physical footprints of peace. If you're wearing peace shoes, surely that's what you do? 

In my disappointment, frustration and anger, the action of putting those shoes on turned my angry stomp into a walk where I discovered wholeness again. 

This is the Jesus way. 




A Blessing for your Shoes

May your shoes, in your walking, create footprints of peace.
May their imprints speak gently of the one who restores. 

As you stomp out your anger, may they find softer ground
As you walk off your frustration, may they help you find wholeness
As you walk without direction, may they take you to a safe place. 
As you trip over the changing landscape, may they help you find your feet

And as you walk on beyond, may your footprints bring peace
to the people and the places you encounter on your way




image from https://pixabay.com/photos/shoes-used-worn-cloth-shoes-4059754/


 



No comments:

Post a Comment