Saturday 14 April 2012

Measuring Soundness......

I've had many conversations with Christians who like to test out my theology, want to know where I've come from and where I am going, working out whether I am 'sound' or not. I hate conversations like that, they beat around the bush and test the places you go and the people you meet, who you are and the way you have been brought up but never come out and ask that question 'well, are you sound?'


What's sound anyway?..... Surely soundness is measured by the soundness of the questioner?


It's always interesting how the situation you are in and the places you go can affect the view people have of you. Sometimes you go into things, you begin things and you can be so blinkered that you miss what is going on around you. We make assumptions on what we have been told rather than what we have discovered. We can't help but read things through our own lens. 


I remember when I first got contact lenses. I had to test them out when I was walking through Westfield in Derby. I glanced down and I could actually see my feet. I was so surprised that I almost tripped over them....


This verse really excites me...... and helps me to never forget that my faith is an amazing journey of discovery.


'For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow.....'     Hebrews 4:12




No comments:

Post a Comment