Tuesday 24 January 2012

Buses, Traffic Lights and Stars


Today I shouted too much. At traffic lights (there were too many), at my computer (it wouldn't do anything I asked of it), at learning Hebrew vowels and syllables (I'm sure anyone who has tried that might sympathise!) and at bus drivers who thought because they didn't see me that it was OK to beep and shout at me. 


On Sunday I preached on Philippians 2 where Paul tells us to do everything without complaining and arguing so we can be different and shine like stars in the universe.


This is one of my favourite verses in the Bible and one I find really difficult to do. It's in human nature to complain. Things are not going my way so I will moan. That person doesn't agree with me so I will shout. In my impatience I cannot deal with your laid back attitude........


But if I am going to shine. If I am going to twinkle. If I am going to light up the darkness then I need to try.....


So here's to a more peaceful journey tomorrow.......





2 comments:

  1. Hello Blogger, I have never posted on someone's blog. Is that sentence correct? See I have a small issue with what you say, which is this....I love your honesty and your realness and that to me is refreshingly shiny! It's not bling, it's proper shining. That's what i think. Although will pray for less red lights and obnoxious lorry drivers on your journey tomorrow.
    Also just wondering what song you sang with that sermon...a well known children's song comes to mind?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It actually didn't mention stars in the song. Shocking I know....

    Thank you, you make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete